Mum’s are a font of all knowledge, and in my case my mum was a wealth of beauty tips and tricks. I have always admired her look.
She never knowingly left the house without a full face of make up – applied with a tiny hand mirror at the kitchen window, whilst she made breakfast. She always looked immaculately put together. These are the best beauty tips for women I learned from her, lots of which I still put into practice today.
- When you wake up and your “face is like a bag of spanners” (her words, not mine!), give it a quick massage with your moisturizer. If your brow bone is sagging onto your eyelids – oh, the joys of being over 40 – lift them with your thumbs whilst simultaneously closing your eyes. This miraculous little trick when performed for around ten seconds will make your look wide awake – try it!
- Eyebrows are super important for framing your face. Don’t go too dark, or you’ll end up looking like Groucho Marx – a constant source of fear in my youth…
- Leave your eyebrows the fuck alone, anyway! If they’re more “Sam the Eagle” than Sam Harris then just get a TEENSY bit of a tidy up. And that’s all…
Don’t miss reading more women beauty tips:
- A lip liner will always help stop your lipstick bleeding, but don’t go too far over the line of your lip
- If you have a spare five minutes, whack some cucumber slices or cold, used teabags on your eyes to reduce their puffiness. I swear all mums tell their daughters this, and it is one of my favorite women beauty tips!
- I spent much of my formative youth rinsing my hair with vinegar to give it an extra boost of shininess. In fact, I’ve not idea if this actually works, but it did leave my fancying fish and chips all day long.
- Remember this one of all women beauty tips – never pick a spot! Ever. At all. No matter how tempting it is. It always ends up on disaster.
- Mum used to do a DIY facial for me consisting of a bowl of steaming hot water, laced with whatever essential oil she had knocking around. It’s a great way of clearing the pores and giving skin a glow. However, just don’t lean too far forward and burn the end of your nose. Just sayin’…
- My final beauty tip for women from my mum was that you really don’t know how beautiful you are until that beauty starts to fade. Enjoy your youthful skin and let it shine rather than disguising it with layers of product. When you’re over 40 THEN you’ll need the products!
In conclusion, I will be really happy if you try some of these amazing beauty tips for women. They work for me to this day, so I hope they work for you too 🙂