Green tea is originally made from “Camellia Sinesis” leaves that was originated in China and has been used as a medicine for thousands of years. And now, it has become associated with many cultures throughout Asia.
It is an excellent beverage with hidden and possible health benefits.
The extracts of this raw material is used in various health foods, beverages, dietary supplements and also cosmetic items. By processing green tea, has got more health benefits than black tea.
This is because black tea allows for fermentation while processing where green tea avoids it. Hence, green tea preserves large antioxidants and poly-phenol substances that make green tea more beneficial.
The flavonoids in a cup of green tea is higher than that in the same quantity of other health contributed food and drink items including fresh vegetables, fruits, juices or wine. So, go ahead and enjoy green tea’s multitudinous health benefits.
Here’s a list of some wonderful benefits of green tea:
- Green tea regulates the sugar or glucose levels and reduces the boosting up of blood sugar levels after eating.
- Scientists noticed that green tea protect against the formation of clots that is a primal cause of heart attack. It helps to improve the health of body cells lining the blood vessels and also assist in reducing risk of heart attacks.
- Green tea contains poly phenols that found to boost the fat oxidation and the rate at which our body food turns into calories. It detoxifies the body and suppresses untimely food cravings, it also rule out the excess water thereby reducing extra weight.
- Scientists noticed that the antioxidants present in green tea improves the body’s ability to burn fat which accounts for improved muscle stamina.
- Consumption of green tea on regular basis reduces the risk of High Blood Pressure.
- Drinking green tea reduces the risk of Esophageal cancer in men and women and also kills the cancer cells without damaging the health tissues around them. Green tea reduces the risk of some other cancers that include skin cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer, liver, prostate cancer, oral cancers etc.
- Poly phenols and Flavonoids present in a green tea improve the functioning of immune system to make the human body more stronger in fighting with various infections.
- Green tea can even help to prevent tooth decay. The chemical antioxidant called Catechin present in green tea will destroy bacteria and virus that cause throat infections and other dental problems.
- Studies carried out that green tea protects the brain cells from dying and restores the damaged brain cells. Regular consumption of green tea helps to prevent degenerative and neurological diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Green tea acts as an anti-aging agent. The anti-oxidants found in green tea fights with free radicals thereby keeping a check on wrinkles and aging.